Thank you.
Monday was back to school.
For the first two hours we were supposed to have Physical
Education, but instead a lady from the Comune of Padova came and talked to us
about road safety. I seem to have some lucky way of getting out of PE – I have
been here for 4 full school weeks (roughly) and have only had to do it once so
far!
Next was Latin, and we learnt about two different playwrights
in Ancient Rome. In physics we solved some problems about the conversion from
gravitational potential energy to kinetic energy, and the effects of friction.
Finally there was Italian literature, and there were oral
tests of a few people.
The afternoon was beautiful, one of the best, weatherwise,
since I arrived. After lunch (penne with tuna, olives, onions and capers) I
went for a bike ride to renew my bus pass. I forgot to take my mobile though,
so when I returned home Giuliana told me she wanted me to buy some hamburgers,
and that we would have eggs instead. I didn’t mind riding to the shops, so I
put my high-vis backpack cover on, and a high-vis vest that Giuliana lent me,
and went to the supermarket.
When I returned, Irene had arrived. I wrote about the 10th
of January, but I couldn’t upload it to the blog. We had dinner, pumpkin soup
followed by hamburgers and potatoes, and then played cards for a little while.
Irene’s father arrived to take her home at 10 past 9, but he
stayed for one game of cards. I had some stewed apples and then went to bed.
If I ever go to Europe I think I'll take you, you seem so competent at getting yourself around whether walking, cycling or using buses and trains.
ReplyDeleteIt is so easy here, besides the buses being far away except for two a day. We are located on the largest plain in Italy, so it is all flat and cycling 3 or 4 kilometres is very easy.
ReplyDeleteHaving said that, of course I would like to come along! :-)
Whilst I'm sure school would be good from the social side of things, I imagine it would seem a bit pointless in some respects too? Given that it must be very difficult to understand and that outcomes don't really matter? Anyway, good to hear that you've managed to avoid PE successfully. It must run in the family!!! Dad x
ReplyDeleteAre you enjoying physics Craig.. it does seem like it would be right up your alley?? Loving the blogs.. still chuckling at Bambi Bolognese.. I promise never to make that for you. Love Mum xx
ReplyDeleteYou really are a whiz at getting around where you are living. I wonder if Mum is googling the recipe for Bambi Bolognese for your welcome home dinner??
ReplyDelete