Sunday, 18 January 2015

17th Gennaio 2015

Yesterday was Saturday.

At school I had literature, maths, two hours of science, which we spent in the laboratory learning about the effects of temperature on reaction time, and one hour of religion, where we talked about the Charlie Hebdo thing and watched the video of the pope presenting a scenario about punching his friend, My class found it very funny and we watched it several times.

For after school we had been planning to go cycling, but the the weather was uncertain and we thought it best to do something else. So a group of about 14 caught a bus into the centre. For lunch we had panzerotti with tomato and mozzerella, which is like a calzone, but deep fried and handheld. Then we wandered around for a little while.

One by one people went home and then I met Giuliana and her friends Barbera and Giuliana who were also in the centre. We had a look at a modern art exhibition in one of the department stores and had a hot chocolate.

Then we came home and had a semi-risotto with onions and lentils for dinner.

I went to bed, exhausted.

4 comments:

  1. Do you get a chance to practise your Italian while out with your friends? Have you been able to invite any of your school chums home for a meal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you go into "the centre" does that mean Padova? I'm loooking forward to sampling your Italian cooking when you get home. Dad x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly are going to come home fit and healthy - all that walking and cycling! Good on you..

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have talked about it, but we live in quite a difficult location - the only buses leaving Roncajette on weekdays are at 07.25, 07.45, 08.20 and 13.45. I practise my Italian a little bit with my friends, but they like to speak English with me, and, while I can often start a conversation in Italian if I have time to think, I am not quick enough otherwise.

    Yes Dad. In the dictionary, "centro" is translated as "CBD" or "Downtown", so I think people just say centre because it sounds similar and makes sense.

    Kate, that would be the case if it weren't for all the eating!

    ReplyDelete