Wednesday, 28 January 2015

28th Gennaio 2015

In English today, we read a John Donne sonnet, number 10, that begins "Death, be not proud, though some have called thee." I preferred the Shakespeare one, but Donne used a more difficult rhyme scheme, so there is that.

The second hour was maths. Parabolas.

Third was Latin, and fourth was philosophy.

Finally we had literature, and we watched the videos the class made of interviews of Geoffrey Chaucer and Dante Alighieri again, and our English teacher came to see them.

After school, I went into the centre to do some last-minute shopping. I had a mozzerella in carozza con proscuitto for lunch. It was fair only, and not really healthy - a ham and cheese sandwich, on white bread, deep-fried. 

I caught the bus home, did some tidying and reading. For dinner we had leek and potato soup. Then I took some photos of the house and wrote these.

3 comments:

  1. I think you are going to miss all the wonderful food you have been eating..... Maybe you can teach us how to cook it, when you return???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fair only.... Love it. Although I don't really understand how a deep fried sandwich could be "fair only"?

    ReplyDelete