Thursday, 22 January 2015

22nd Gennaio 2015

The first hour was History of Art. We learnt about Piero della Francesca, who was an excellent user of symmetry. Next we had philosophy, and then two hours of maths, which were spent solving parabolas again. Finally we had history. There were a couple of oral tests and that was it.

After school I had planned to meet Antonio in the centre. However, while I was on the bus, he sent me a message suggesting that, because it was raining and he wasn't able to catch a bus, we have a pizza on Sunday night. I told him, that I liked the idea, but that Giuliana is the one who knows all the plans, so he would need to talk to her. He did, and it is arranged.

Never one to waste a visit into the centre, I had a bargain panzerotto for lunch, this time with spinach, and wandered around, waiting for the shops to open. I went into Pam, the supermarket, and bought some biscuits and cream for another chocolate ripple cake, and I renewed my bus pass, though the lady couldn't get the machine to work and it kept giving me a pass from the 19th to the 25th, rather than from the 26th to the 1st. 

Then I got on a bus and came home. I wrote these, and we will have dinner soon.

6 comments:

  1. How does the cost of fares compare to here? Is the Centre a street of shops or more like a Westfield? Hope you have taken photos of all the people we've heard about plus the house, school, shops, and all the ordinary things!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pizza on Sunday sounds great! Will the chocolate ripple cake be for Sunday also?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bus tickets are 1.30 Euro for 75 minutes, about $1.80.
    The centre is the whole CBD of Padova. I haven't taken many photos yet - because I am doing everyday things, I don't think too. I will be taking many over the next week though!

    I am looking forward to Pizza on Sunday. The chocolate ripple cake is for the dinner Antonella is holding on Saturday night. I have a very busy weekend coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were away for a few days and I had a few posts to catch up. What a brilliant time you're having!
    Enjoy the rest of your time.
    Happy Australia Day too! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. My last day of school is Thursday, because I am going to the mountains on Friday.

    I am having a brilliant time, and I am sure I will continue to. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete