Monday, 15 December 2014

13th Dicembre, 2014

Firstly, I would like to apologise to the kind readers who ask questions in the comments. I have not responded recently as I have been thinking of the best way to do so. I have decided that I will respond in a comment on the same post, but I will do it as soon as possible. So, if you have asked a question, and I have posted again, it should be likely that I have also responded to your comment. 

I would also like to apologise for the delay.

This is Saturday. I attended school. I had literature, a surprise maths test, double science and religion. 

I did horribly in the maths test. Out of six problems, there is only one I answered confidently. 

Science was good. We balanced equations and then went to the laboratory and dissolved Copper Sulphate. Has anyone reading this every used/seen a magnetic stirrer? They are amazing. You just drop a little tablet-like thing in the beaker, place it on the stand, which looks like a set of electronic kitchen scales, and turn it on. The tablet-like thing spins and stirs. It is so much fun to watch.

In religion we continued watching the film, Francesco. Hopefully we finish it next week.

After school, Giuliana and I went for a 12 kilometre return bike ride, along the river. Everything here is so beautiful and flat. I was quite tired when we got home, so I read for a little while. 

We had a toasted sandwich for dinner, and then saw the 8 o'clock screening of "Il sale della terra", a film about Brazilian photographer/environmentalist SebastiĆ£o Salgado. Apparently it was very well received in Cannes. It was dubbed in Italian, so I can't say much for storytelling, but his photographs were magnificent, and from the synopsis I received on the way home, it sounds like a good story.

When we got home at 11 o'clock, I went straight to sleep.



2 comments:

  1. Craig, I have never heard of a magnetic stirrer - though it would be fun to use. It sounds like you will come home extremely fit, after all your walking and cycling - are you going to keep it up when you get home, or do you think you may need a rest? School on Saturday?? What are your school hours?? Your blogs are a pleasure to read, and I'm sure when you get home, you will be able to reread them and enjoy your experiences all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to keep it up when I get home, but I know I will miss the complete flatness here that makes it perfect especially for cycling. Yes, school on Saturday. I haven't really noticed a difference though, because everything has changed. School starts at 8:15 and finishes at 1:15, with a ten minute break starting at 11:05.

    Thank you, I certainly plan to.

    ReplyDelete