Thursday, 18 December 2014

18th Dicembre 2014

School, as usual. Art history was first, but I struggled to pay attention.

The second hour was Philosophy, which was very history based. We learnt about the changing context of society and culture in Ancient Greece with the advent of Democracy and the Persian War.

Then there was maths, for two hours. More functions, but I think I am sort of getting the hang of them.

Finally there was history, with a very philosophical tilt. It was about the conceptions of time and space during the medieval period.


For lunch we had pesto pasta and salad, and then I set to work with the cake. I whipped the cream, and that went well. Then I opened the biscuits. The American ones were okay, probably not crumbly enough, but similar in hardness. The Italian ones were way to thin and not at all porous. So I made it with the American ones and we will eat the Italian ones. I did make a very small one with a few Italian biscuits, just to test it. I will let you know how they go.

Then I finalised my Australian presentation. It is currently 7 o'clock, and at 8 we are having on of Giuliana's friends for dinner.


2 comments:

  1. Did you whip the cream by hand, or use a machine - I'm sure if you did I it by hand you got a good workout. I'm looking forward to seeing a photo of your Chocolate Ripple Cake - Italian style. When you have pasta for your meals - is it home made pasta or shop bought? If it's home made, have you learnt any Italian secrets about making it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you have time to keep us all up to date with your fantastic blogs. You seem to have so much to do and are always busy. Is lunch the main meal of the day or dinner at night? How did your English presentation go?

    ReplyDelete