Sunday, 28 December 2014

28th Dicembre 2014

Today was a usual Sunday. I vacuumed this morning, and did some homework. It was warmer than yesterday, so the snow was too wet to play with. I will include a photo from out my bedroom though.

For lunch we went to Giuliana's mother's house. We ate mafaldine (the long pasta with jagged edges) wth a very light tomato sauce, then panfried chicken fillets with chips and then chocolate panettone. I am sure you will have noticed the regularity with which I eat the two north-Italian Christmas cakes, panettone and pandoro. I have been assured that this is only in December, and not a year round thing.

Just before the panettone Giuliana had to make a couple of phone calls and I spoke to her mother, very slowly and inaccurately. I was very happy that I managed to talk as much as I did.

After lunch we walked to the cemetery to visit the grave of Giuliana's father.

We came home and Giuliana managed to put Italian subtitles on television, so I could watch "Peter Pan and the Return to Neverland" and hopefully pick up some sentences and common words like "that", "how", "to", "as" and "do" that have multiple translations depending on the context. Giuliana then went to another Christmas party and I made capelli d'angelo con tunno, or angel hair with tuna, for dinner. I am going to bed soon.



4 comments:

  1. What a cute little building. Hard to imagine the snow as we were in the pool Christmas Day.. although in typical Melbourne style it has been pouring rain today. Love Mum xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you taken any other photos of the house. The shed looks almost fairy tale. Are you getting tired of pasta? And Italians don't seem to eat much meat, is that right? Giuliana seems to go to a lot of Christmas parties. Is New Year's Eve a big celebration?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to catch up with all your news Craig. It seems strange to think of you in such cold weather as it is starting to warm up here. I think 38 and 40 over the next couple of days. Happy New Year Boyo!!! Dad x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you have been so busy, that a rest day may be in order soon!

    ReplyDelete