Monday, 15 December 2014

14th Dicembre, 2014

I slept in a little bit and then had a lazy morning, doing my Food Tech homework and about a third of my Legal Studies work. 

For lunch, we went to Giuliana's mother's house. She had made a pumpkin lasagna, as well as some nice roast chicken. She is a fantastic cook, one of those people who can tear up a lettuce in front of you, pour a little olive oil, a little balsamic vinegar, sprinkle a little bit of salt and have a salad that is inexplicably delicious. She asked me about school in Italian, and I was able to respond. There were many mistakes, but she understood me, which is the most important bit.

After lunch, we drove to a large shopping centre called "Nave de Vero", which I successfully translated as "Ship of Glass." From 3 to 8, we sold bracelets for Medici con l'Africa in a gioielleria (jewellery shop). We sold 6. However, it was nice to visit a large shopping centre, and I had a little walk around. 

Afterwards, we came home and had chicken noodle minestra (soup). Then I went to bed. 

If this is getting boring, please let me know. I am trying to think of extra bits to write about. If you have any suggestions, also let me know.

3 comments:

  1. Certainly not boring!!! My main gripe is that I don't get them promptly. Last night there was nothing new and this morning there are 2. Congratulations on your Melbourne school results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Craig, what kind of homework did you have to do for Food Tech? I'm sure Giuliana's mother was impressed with your Italian - as we all are with your blogs. What is the landscape like where you are? It is lush and green? Are there many houses around where you are living? What do you see out of your bedroom window? Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Craig, make sure you get the recipe for the inexplicably delicious salad!!! Given that you go to school 6 days per week over there, try not to get too bogged down with homework on a Sunday. Plenty of time for that whilst you're at school. Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete