Yesterday I did nothing in the morning.
At half-past 12 I walked to the bus stop (about half an hour away) and caught the 1:15, which really arrived at 1:25. 12 minutes later I stepped off at Prata della Vale.
First I had lunch. I had Piadina al Trotto, a piadina, or toasted wrap, with mozzarella, pomodoro, basilico e sfilacci di cavallo, or mozzerella, tomato, basil and shredded dried horse.
I had heard that sfilacci di cavallo, literally unravelled of horse, was the specialty of Padova. It was quite unusual, shredded so fine that a strand resembled saffron. The piadina was full of it, but I can say that I did like it.
After lunch I visited the negozio Disney. The Disney shop. It was good, though not great. It was centered mostly around Frozen, Star Wars and Planes.
From there I walked to Palazzo del Bo and met Chocolate, a girl from Hong Kong who arrived in September for a year programme. We wandered around and then had coffee.
Following our coffee we stepped back into the cold and kept strolling. Time flew, as it seems to do more and more often as I grow older. I caught the bus home again and was back at half-past six.
Giuliana met me at the bus stop, as by this stage it was quite dark. She drove me home and told me that her friend Enrico was coming for dinner.
We began with linguine with onion and mussels, and then had silverbeet pie, the same recipe prepared for Stefano. It was much more successful at this outing, and is really easy. We also had some salami.
I went to bed at about 10 o'clock, as I knew I would have a late night today.
Hey Craig, with a name like Chocolate, Tash is sure to approve of this girl. How do you drink your coffee? Can't wait for you to come home and cook some of the wonderful foods that you have been eating. Keep blogging. Love James.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year Craig! Glad to hear you are trying so many new things! Love Mum xx
ReplyDeleteI don't know if I could knowingly eat horse so you are very brave. I don't think horse is even sold in Oz for human consumption. Happy New Year.
ReplyDeleteYet another great blog Craig. Keep them coming..
ReplyDelete