Monday, 8 December 2014

5th of December, 2014

I started writing this on Friday, but got tired and went to bed. It is now Monday (a public holiday)
I am going to speed through the weekend and get up-to-date again. I apologise.
I think I will use bullet-points again. They were easy, neat, and I didn’t have to worry as much about the Grade 3 rules of using different forms of “then”, “next” and “after that”.
Could I please ask you to read the previous sentence again? When I was listing the words, in quotation marks, were the commas in the right places? It is one of those things that I am never sure of, so I try to avoid using them. I need to learn though, so I thought if I put it here and make a fool of myself, I will remember.
I quite like this blogging thing. Especially when I receive comments and messages. Thank you for those.
Now, today.
Oh. I just realised something. There is one person, who knows who they are, who should, right now open a word document and press “Ctrl+Shift+8.” It doesn’t work!

  • School was good. I had more philosophy presentations, English, Italian Literature, Latin and History. 
  •   In English, we are studying medieval ballads. For those of you who, at one point, studied a language, can you imagine learning the medieval form of that language in year 10!
  • After school, I met Antonio (my AFS Intercultura Liason) and Riccardo (an AFS volunteer, who spent last year in India, and is the Intercultura representative at my school), and they took me into the centre of Padova. We had piadina for lunch, and then fancy coffee with whipped cream, chocolate and dried orange pieces.
  • I had a tour of the beautiful city of Padova, including the many piazzas and university buildings.
  • I caught the bus home.
The following photos were taken in Padova. I don't know how to place them more aesthetically.



4 comments:

  1. Stop worrying about your grammar. It's not an English (or Italian) assessment task! Just keep writing, it's fabulous. Does Padova have canals like Venice. I can't imagine how hard it must be to sit in a class and not know what is being said. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This area in the north of Italy, just south of the Dolomites, is very flat, and used to be marshy. While it is not quite like Venice, in Padova and the countryside there are many canals to minimise flooding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Craig, your blogs are FANTASTIC! I am thoroughly enjoying reading them. Your photos are spectacular - I hope you are planing to have them enlarged and framed when you get home. Keep up the great work. Everyone is so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Buddy, your travel blog is brilliant and something that I look forward to reading! Don't listen to lax-grammar-Grandma! Grammatical purity reigns supreme!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete