I had Physical Education for the first real time. We started off with some gymnastics education.Then we were supposed to play volleyball, but the teacher gave in and the girls did Zumba while the boys played soccer. It was okay. I think I enjoyed it more than PE here, and the teacher was very encouraging.
Afterwards I had literature, then physics and finally Latin.
After school we had lunch and then caught the bus into Prato della Valle, (the largest square in Italy) to volunteer at a Medici con l'Africa stand. We were positioned with the Green Cross ambulances completely away from the rest of the market. We raised €2.
At about half past five, Giuliana recieved a phone call from another Medici con l'Africa volunteer, inviting us to leave Prato della Valle and go to the town hall for a book launch. It was for a children's book called "Leopold the Doormouse" which was in Italian but each iillustration was captioned in Italian and English. It was supposed to help children learn English, but the translation was terrible.
The author, illustrator and translator of the book were absent, but the agent of the publisher gave a giant cheque for €500 to Medici con l'Africa. Then there were refreshments: Grana Pandano cheese, grissini and, of course, panettone.
We came home, had minestra con cipolla (onion soup) and that was Monday.
Did you show those boys a thing or 2 about how to play soccer?
ReplyDelete