For the first two hours on Monday, I have Physical Education. We were about to play volleyball, but our art teacher came and took us to the hall for a presentation about art and architecture. The photos were nice, but it was very boring.
Afterwards I had Literature, where we read more of Dante's Inferno, the greatest piece of Italian literature. In physics, we learnt about continuous circular motion, and in Latin I studied Italian.
After school I came home, had spaghetti with pesto for lunch and worked on my presentation about Australia. I read, and watched Modern Family dubbed into Italian. It was good to have a relaxing evening. For dinner, we had leek soup without leeks, then hamburgers and then the leeks. Another simple delight!!
On Friday night, it is the Intercultura Christmas party. We have to take a cold sweet, and it should preferably be Australian.
My first thought was pavlova, but we would have to 'dress' it when we get there. While I know it is not popular, I tried explaining Hawaiian Salad to Giuliana. There are no marshmallows in Italy!
What do you think would be good? I think pavlova is still in the running, are there any other suggestions?
Afterwards I had Literature, where we read more of Dante's Inferno, the greatest piece of Italian literature. In physics, we learnt about continuous circular motion, and in Latin I studied Italian.
After school I came home, had spaghetti with pesto for lunch and worked on my presentation about Australia. I read, and watched Modern Family dubbed into Italian. It was good to have a relaxing evening. For dinner, we had leek soup without leeks, then hamburgers and then the leeks. Another simple delight!!
On Friday night, it is the Intercultura Christmas party. We have to take a cold sweet, and it should preferably be Australian.
My first thought was pavlova, but we would have to 'dress' it when we get there. While I know it is not popular, I tried explaining Hawaiian Salad to Giuliana. There are no marshmallows in Italy!
What do you think would be good? I think pavlova is still in the running, are there any other suggestions?
Lamingtons or Chocolate Crackles would be good - very Australian. Love Mum xx
ReplyDeleteI think I would have to agree with your Mum and say Chocolate Crackles - easy to make and easy to transport. Just for someone who doesn't speak any Italian, what is 'Lunedi'? When are you doing your presentation on Australia?
ReplyDeletePavlova would be best but I would imagine rather impossible to make. I think leek soup without leeks is just called soup!! Could be wrong though.... Sounds like hamburgers are pretty popular over there? Are they as good as your prize winning Australian version?
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to here the door locking edition of your travel blog!!! I hope all is under control with that one> Take care Excellent Son!! Dad x
Apparently copha is an Australian thing, so I have decided on a chocolate ripple cake, with two types of biscuits that look sort of right.
ReplyDeleteLunedi is Monday. It has the same origins: Lune - Luna - Moon - Mon.
My presentation is on Friday, and it has to go for an hour!! I have got a bit of an audience participation format, and I will let you know how it goes. Giuliana really likes it, and suggested that I do it when she introduces me to her students.
Hamburgers here refer to the meat portion. Fast food here is not very big, except for Pizzas and Kebabs. In Italy, there are 133, 592 people to each Macdonalds "restaurant," whereas in Australia there are only 25,316!