Wednesday, 24 December 2014

21st Dicembre 2014

Yesterday was Sunday. We planned to go for a walk, but it was too foggy, so we decided against it.

At 11 o'clock, Giuliana's friend Mary came over and we came in the car with us to Giuliana's friends' Christmas party in a town on the opposite side of Padova.

While there, we ate, and I listened to Italian. The food, as always was excellent: Pizza Bianca (White Pizza, pizza without a tomato sauce), Walnut Ravioli with the same buttery sauce that I made for the gnocchi a couple of weeks before I left. Then there was eggplant, radicchio and salad, and then there was pandoro and homemade strudel. I have found that one always eats well in Italy.

We drove home and then we went to Giuliana's neice Anna's dancing/gymnastic concert. That was quite good, though Giuliana thought that it could have been better. The spotlight certainly could have been better. It was bouncing around the stage.

We had salad and bread for dinner and I went to bed.



1 comment:

  1. Obviously needed some stage and lighting direction from your experienced hand!!!
    It all sound so amazing

    ReplyDelete